For the first time in history, Perth, Australia will play host to an event on the world tour of Sports Table Football (Subbuteo).
Sports Table Football, or “Subbuteo” as it is widely known, is a game based on association football. For many years it was marketed as “the replica of Association Football” or “Table Soccer”.
The 2017 Perth Winter Classic comprises of two individual events which both go towards the world rankings. The Saturday is an ‘International Open’ classification and the Sunday is a ‘Satellite’ event.
A strong and competitive field will battle it out on the pitch headlined by Singaporean players Irwan Iskander and Vikas Chandiramani (world ranking 177) who make the trip to Perth with silverware in their sights.
Local favourites include Sydney TFC’s Fabrizio Coco (56), Melbourne TFC’s Benji Batten (127) and Perth’s Ross McNulty and Alan Kimber who have been training hard to take victory on home soil.
The event will be hosted at the Fremantle Town Hall, Corner William, Adelaide and High Streets, Fremantle on the 29th and 30th of July.
Entry for spectators is free and we encourage people of all ages to come down and watch, with spare tables on hand for beginners to try out the game. For anyone interested in playing Subbuteo table football, this would be the perfect opportunity to come down and see what all the excitement is about.
- Benji Batten (Melbourne Table Football Club, Australia)
- Fabrizio Coco (Sydney TFC, Australia)
- Tony Credentino (Sydney TFC, Australia)
- Herman Kruse (Northern Falcons TFC, Australia)
- Vikas Chandiramani; (Jurong Central Subbuteo Club, Singapore)
- Irwan Iskander (Jurong Central SC, Singapore)
- John Harty (Perth Subbuteo Club, Australia)
- Chris Thorn (Perth SC, Australia)
- Alan Kimber (Perth SC, Australia)
- Ross McNulty (Perth SC, Australia)
- Hugh Best (Perth SC, Australia)
- Ron Byrne (Perth SC, Australia)