Hot on the heals of the success of the Australian Grand Prix of Table Football in Sydney last weekend, and in preparation for the imminent Expressions of Interest process for FISTF 2019/2020 season events in Australia, I have produced a proposal to create a “2020 Table Football Downunder Tour”.
This proposal is downloadable here:
Note that whilst I am the President of ATFA, this is my personal proposal and is not yet sanctioned by ATFA. I have released this with the hope of attracting international interest on top of that already received, as well as local support.
The aims are to:
– create a marketing opportunity for our game in Australia to continue the growth of the game.
– create even greater excitement for local players to attend these tournaments and improve their own game.
– attract overseas players, both for marketing but also for the benefit of local players who have not (or may never) travel to Europe to compete.
– support the awareness campaign for testicular cancer through a sustained period of two weeks.
– support the improvement of our leading players in the lead up to the 2020 World Cup of Table Football.
– avoid clashes with European major FISTF events
– avoid clashes with peak domestic travel cost periods such as the Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne for the AGP (benefitting both domestic and international travellers to Melbourne).
Not all cities of Australia could be accommodated within a tight timeline preferred by those in Europe that have expressed interest to date. I have chosen locations to minimise the international and domestic airfares and domestic travel times of international players to attend events and see some of the many sites this large continent contains.